Membership in YALITCHAT.ORG has many benefits. There is a basic memerbship which is free. A YALITCHAT.ORG PREMIUM annual memebrship is just $30.00 (FREE for students through high school) and includes among many other benefits:
- access to our “always on” online community
- peer critique of your first pages, synopses, scenes and queries (query critique is part of BASIC membership level)
- advice from members who have had successful query experience including personal samples of their “queries that worked”
- access to our fully up-to-date YA Agent database (PREMIUM member benefit)
- access to grants and scholarships (PREMIUM member benefit)
- access to PREMIUM member-only opportunities like writing contests and agent/editor submissions via our online Agent Mailbox
- access to feedback on your query, first pages, synopsis and or scene from today’s top agents (PREMIUM member benefit)
- access to YALITCHAT.ORG webinars and online classes presented by top agents, marketers and industry pros
- FREE membership for students
- access to member-only chats with today’s top-selling YA authors, agents and editors and other industry professionals
- prime advertising placement for your book/release on our home page
- access to YA publisher news in one place
- access to publishing industry dictionary (PREMIUM member benefit)
- PREMIUM members-only events including Coffee and Critique virtual critique sessions, Acquisitions Alley chats, Agent Pitch Weekends, Writing Contests, Classroom Supplies
A list of our available grants is below:
Membership Hardship Grant and OTO (Other Trade Organization) Grant
Want to expand your horizons and connect with others in the industry but just don’t have the funds? The YALITCHAT Membership Hardship Grant is available to individuals who desire to join YALITCHAT.ORG, and the OTO is for those seeking to join orgs like SCBWI, RWA and other related organizations but need help doing so. Up to $150.00 USD per year in total grant funds available or $25 per person/grantee. Join now to apply for this grant!
Want to attend a writing-related conference but need help paying for the attendance? How about the hotel room or airfare? We may not go there with you but we can help you get there! Conference season can be tough–especially on the wallet. Choose a conference and we’ll help you get there by contributing to your bottom line. $250.00 USD in total grant funds available. Two grants per year available or $125 per person/grantee.
Summer Off to Write Grant–Coming in 2013
Thinking of taking the summer of to write? OK, so we can’t afford to pay for you to spend a summer in an English Cottage (unless you already live in an English Cottage) writing your next masterpiece. We can, however, help a little bit. Think about it. $500.00 USD in total grant funds per year available. Two grants per year available or $250 per person/grantee.
Applications open January 2013 for summer 2013. Decisions will be made by May 2013.
Marketing Support Grant
Are you a newly published author in need of marketing support materials for a new release? How about an author about to head on tour in need of giveaways and promo items? Do you need to purchase more ARCs from your publisher to get exposure for your book? Need money to get that new website off the ground? We can help. $500 USD per year available. Five grants available or $100 per person/grantee.
Quick Learning Grant
Up to $100 toward any short (no more than three weeks in length) and relatively low-cost (no more than $200.00 USD) learning initiative such as a webinar, online course, conference, etc. You must be already registered for said initiative and have already paid in full. Must be writing or publishing industry related. $250.00 USD year available. Join now to apply for this grant.
Grant and Scholarship Considerations
Grants are available to subscriber members only. Only ONE grant per member, per year. Student members may receive grants at a reduced grant amount.